Assemblymember Freddie Rodriguez and the American Red Cross will host an Earthquake Preparedness Workshop on Thursday, October 29th at 6:00 pm at the American Red Cross Blood Donation Center.
“Just this week, scientists at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab predicted that a magnitude 5.0 earthquake is expected to strike the LA area in the next three years,” said Rodriguez. “The more that can be done now to prepare will help save lives and minimize damage when the next earthquake strikes.”
Thursday, October 29th
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
American Red Cross Blood Donation Center
100 Red Cross Circle
Pomona, CA 91768
Speakers will include:
- Southern Region Administrator from the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Manager from the Office of Earthquake Programs at Cal Tech
- Executive Director for the American Red Cross San Gabriel Pomona Valley
- Emergency Program Manager from the LA County Office of Emergency Management
- Risk Manager from the City of Pomona
- Battalion Chief from the LA County Fire Department
- Legislative Director from the California Earthquake Authority will host a table
Click here for more information or to RSVP.